Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week #8: RELAX

With summer winding down, kids returning to school and autumn knocking at the door, I think we could all use a little break from the rush!  For this week, let's try to take a little step back from things and just RELAX!


 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, Cindy from Cindy Coutts Designs has generously offered to sponsor us!  How exciting is that?!  If the thought of Halloween quickly approaching has you shaking in your boots, have no fear because she is offering the most adorable Stampin' Up! stamp bundle to this week's winner!


Let's meet Cindy!


Hi.  My name is Cindy Coutts and I am so thrilled to be a sponsor of this great new clean and simple challenge!  I live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and have 4 kids and 1 daughter-in-law.  My son and his wife live in upstate New York.  I am almost an empty nester and about to embark on an exciting new adventure in my life.  I've been making cards for a little over 5 years first starting out with Stampin' Up! in 2007, leaving for a few years, and then resigned again in December 2011.  I am a Supervisor and just attended my first Convention last month!  I have a very successful online club membership.  I would like to thank Melissa for allowing me the honor to be part of the CASology challenge this week!

Cindy ever-so-kindly created a card for today's challenge too!


 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's see what the design team has created for inspiration!  If you look carefully, you might notice quite a few of us have the same idea about relaxing!


Karen, last week's winner, is joining us as our guest designer!

Guest Designer:  Karen

design defined:
The word RELAX was cut out using ecraft and white card, then coloured using promarkers.  The 'On Your Special Day' was printed straight onto the card blank and the letters were attached with foam pads for a bit of dimension.



design defined:
A simple color scheme keeps the focus on the main image.


Rosemary
design defined:
A classic white on white designed with a well placed focal image is always a CAS winner.


Tracey
design defined:
The polaroid frame with the cut out for the sentiment highlights the single image without making the card too busy.


design defined:
A negative die cut popped up to create a frame can add visual interest without making the card too fussy.


Jen
design defined:
A bold, centrally placed image is as classically CAS as you can get!



Now go have fun and don't forget to link up your RELAXing creations by Sunday at noon (CST)!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards ladies! So happy to be a part of this week's challenge. Thank you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not seeing many of the images, but love the cards I do see - fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! I am not seeing many of the images/links either. :( But I am so ready for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the hiccup, everyone! I made a minor change and am hoping you can see everyone's cards now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great "relaxing" examples! When I saw the the theme, I immediately thought of the PTI couch stamps (great minds....).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the inspiration from the DT, thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely inspirational cards by the DT girls. Thanks for the nice challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so glad I made it just in time...LOVE the theme this week! Great inspiration cards, ladies!

    ReplyDelete